Any person discovering a fire must
1. Sound the alarm by shouting ‘Fire’ to alert other residents in the property
2. Leave the building immediately, closing your flat door behind you
3. Dial 999 to call the Fire Brigade
On hearing the fire alarm
1. Remain in your flat unless directed to leave by the fire and rescue service
2. Dial 999 and notify the fire service of the flat number you are in
The corner of Sandforth Road and Bellefield Avenue
How the Fire Brigade is to be called
1. Someone must call the Fire Brigade by dialing 999
2. Give the address clearly as:
Claremont House, Sandforth Rd, Liverpool L12 1LN
3. Give the location of the fire if known, for example:
Fire on the ground floor
4. When the Fire Brigade arrive, inform the officer in charge if you are aware of anyone trapped.
inside the building and their location, and the location of the fire, if known.
Do not take risks or attempt to fight the fire
Do not return to the building until authorised to do so
Do not use lifts where present
If you cannot leave your flat place something at the bottom of the door to stop smoke from entering
Dial 999 and tell the Fire Brigade you are trapped inside your flat.
Open your window if you need to breathe - DO NOT SMASH THE WINDOW
Smoke alarms are fitted in communal areas and tested on a monthly basis.